Last Updated (04 September, 2020)
Dayjob Recruitment Pty Ltd (“Dayjob Recruitment”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is committed to the protection of your privacy. We understand your concern about the security of your personal information and we are committed to keeping it safe.
Capitalized terms not defined in this document have the meanings described in the Website’s Terms Conditions.
Personal information as defined in the Privacy Act is an information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect a number of personal information which includes and is not limited to the following:
- Contact information including full name, email address, phone number, house address, emergency contact information, and occasionally, means of identification such as driver’s license and passport;
- Banking details;
- Health information including any medical condition;
- Other personal information such as date of birth, gender, Australian Business Number (ABN), occupation, picture of white card;
- Notes of your interaction with you in the course of a transaction or dealing with you or that you otherwise provide us; and
- Details of your work including any positions held by you with any of our clients, or any complaints made by you or against you.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MIGHT BE COLLECTED
Generally, we collect personal information from you when you provide them directly during the registration process, when contacting our Customer Support, or during an interview. In the event that it’s not practical or reasonable to collect some personal information from you, we collect may collect such information from other sources. This information collected will be managed in accordance with the 13 Australian Privacy Principles. This information includes but is not limited to the following:
- criminal record history;
- information regarding your work performance from references;
- information about your health, medical history or specific condition;
- membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union; and
- details of your work including any positions held by you with any of our clients, or any complaints made against you.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information will only be used for the purpose for which it was collected or where we have a legal obligation to use it.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION MIGHT BE USED IN CONNECTION WITH:
- your possible work placement with one of our clients;
- performance appraisals,
- training initiatives and selection purposes;
- any test or assessment, including medicals, that we may require you to undergo;
- any insurance claim or proposal that requires that we disclose your personal information;
- our management of any business risks, resolution and defense of complaints and legal claims, investigation of any criminal or fraudulent activity, compliance with court orders, and other legal obligations;
- surveys & general research;
customer service management;
- to contact you about opportunities you may have interest in;
- training and events; or
- Business relationship management.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION MIGHT BE DISCLOSED TO:
- our insurers;
- CRM software companies where we store the information;
- potential and/or actual clients to whom we provide services to;
- referees or reference seekers; or
- any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only transfer your personal information to parties from other countries if we believe it will be to your benefit. We will always endeavor to obtain your consent before sending this information and we will take reasonable measures to ensure that the information will not be used or disclosed by the party in any way that is not in compliance with the National Privacy Principles.
The accuracy of your personal information is important to us and is fundamental to providing you with services that are relevant to you. We will take adequate measures to ensure that any personal information that we collect is complete, accurate, and up to date.
We endeavor to protect the personal information we have about you from malicious interference, loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification. We have a wide array of security measures in place to protect the personal information we have of you. Furthermore, we will take adequate measures to permanently delete or de-identify personal information that we no longer need to carry out our business activities.
ACCESSS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to, at any point in time and for any reason, request in writing for a copy of the personal information of you that we have in our systems and databases from our Privacy Officer. Part of our security measures means that we may request proof of identity before we disclose your personal information to you. However, we may charge you for the costs involved in giving you access to your personal information.
We will respond to your request as soon as we can. In certain circumstances, we may refuse to grant you access to the personal information you requested. In such cases, we will give you written notice that details:
the reasons for the refusal; and
how you can make a complaint about the refusal.
When there is a lawful justification and it’s practical to do so, you may have the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym when engaging in a transaction with us.
We may from time to time send you marketing communications via email about services that may be of interest to you. We are aware that no one likes receiving unsolicited emails. As such, you will only receive marketing communications from us if you opt-in to receive them from us. If you decide at any point in time that you no longer want to receive our marketing communications, you can opt-out at any time by opening any email we send to you and clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a request to unsubscribe.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
In the event that we believe that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, or misleading, we will take reasonable measure to correct the information and, on your request and when it is practicable and reasonable for us to do so, we will inform the third parties that may have received the incorrect information from us about the correction.
You have the right to request correction of your personal information if you believe that the personal information that we hold about you is incorrect. You can make this request to our Privacy Officer whose contact information will be displayed below. In the event that we do not agree with the requested corrected, we reserve the right to refuse to alter your personal information. We will send you a written notice that explains the reason(s) behind our refusal and how you can make a complaint about our refusal. We will not charge you for making a request to correct your information.
Any requests related to your personal information we may hold or any comment, complaints, and/or clarifications should be sent in writing to our Privacy Officer at email@example.com.